Building and Construction Recruitment are seeking a Junior Designer in Somerset, for a specialist in supplying timber engineered products. This is a permanent position, paying a competitive salary DOE.
There is an internal training program to develop into a fully-fledged Designer in 2 years.
Flexibility for job share, part time, etc could be a possibility for the right candidate.
- Demonstrate interest in pursuing Construction Design career.
- Experience in Auto CAD would be advantageous
- Good level of academic achievements: A-Level/GCSE Mathematics and English.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work as part of a team but also able to work alone.
- Be able to demonstrate good numeracy and literacy skills.
- Produce high quality designs for customers within given timescales
- Produce quotations for potential customer orders
- Create orders to put onto the system
- Carry out pre-quote calls, in order to discuss the customer’s requirements and produce the quote
- Carry out post-quote calls, in order to check the quote meets the customer’s needs and ask for the order
- Keep the customer informed of all updates concerning the order
- Identify opportunities to maximise customer service and translate into sales
- A competitive starting salary plus annual bonus
- 33 days’ annual leave including bank holidays
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Staff discounts and various other benefits
- A career without boundaries as progress is encouraged.
Building and Construction Recruitment are acting as the employment agency in relation to this vacancy.